1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paint Color?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Paint Color?   Paint Color? EmptyTue 9 Nov - 8:55

What is the shade of black that is used on the lower side molding of the 1970 Mach 1's? I'm guessing it's a semi-gloss black.

Thanks, salut
Back to top Go down
Raytags
Admin/Founder
Raytags

Number of posts : 291
Your location : Boucherville, Québec, Canada.
Registration date : 2004-09-20

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Paint color   Paint Color? EmptyWed 10 Nov - 12:09

Hello! Bill

The correct color for the lower side molding is dark charcaol metallic color.

To find a correct shade check the back side of you lower molding after you have removed of the car.

Let me know!

Raynald Belanger WEBMASTER

Back to top Go down
http://www.homestead.com/1970mach1/home.html

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Color?   Paint Color? EmptyFri 24 Dec - 13:52

What is the shade of black that is used on the lower side molding of the 1970 Mach 1's? I'm guessing it's a semi-gloss black.

Bill,

In the members album section, I've posted some pix of NOS rocker mouldings so one can get an idea of the original color. I'm pretty close to you BTW - down in Savannah, GA area. If you're down this way sometime, stop by and I'll show you face to face and you can try a few different available charcoal paints on scrap metal until you find one that approximates the NOS piece color to your eye.

regs,

Steve
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Color?   Paint Color? EmptyFri 24 Dec - 16:30

Steve Pilant wrote:

Bill,

In the members album section, I've posted some pix of NOS rocker mouldings so one can get an idea of the original color. I'm pretty close to you BTW - down in Savannah, GA area. If you're down this way sometime, stop by and I'll show you face to face and you can try a few different available charcoal paints on scrap metal until you find one that approximates the NOS piece color to your eye.

regs,

Steve

Thanks for the offer, Steve. I'm originally from Brunswick, GA and spent alot of time in Savannah years ago. I had planned on making the Savannah Mustang show back in Sept (I think it was) but didn't make it this year. We have a nice show usually in Nov each year if you can come up.

A previous owner had repainted my rockers with a semi-gloss black which actually looks pretty good on a white car. I just touched it up a little with the same. I'll leave it as is for now.
Back to top Go down
Mach1Guy
Mach1 Veteran
Mach1Guy

Number of posts : 153
Your location : Kingston, Ontario
Registration date : 2005-08-22

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint color   Paint Color? EmptyMon 22 Aug - 21:43

Raytags wrote:
Hello! Bill
The correct color for the lower side molding is dark charcaol metallic color.

Is this colour available anywhere???? I have to either re-do my set or get another set to re-do. I have the article in Mustang Monthly about how to do it but any other tips would be GREAT Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.machwon.com
ExportMach
Mach1 Member
ExportMach

Number of posts : 11
Your location : Atlanta, GA USA
Registration date : 2005-08-31

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Color?   Paint Color? EmptyWed 31 Aug - 16:23

Eastwood Co. makes a dark argent grey wheel paint that will work. It is also correct for 1970 styled steel wheels.

I may use Metro finishes LAV-16 (25215) '70 Mach 1 rocker panel grey as some folks in the resto industry say it is very good. It may be a little light though when compared to original rocker panel paint. Not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paint Color? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint Color?   Paint Color? Empty

Back to top Go down

Paint Color?
Page 1 of 1