1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MikieMach
Mach1 Member
MikieMach

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? Empty
PostSubject: Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach????   Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? EmptyTue 27 May - 20:16

I just ordered new carpet for my ivy green Mach from a place that stated it was to OEM standards for color and quality. The carpet that came has dark green inserts, the carpet currently in the car, which I believe to be original has light green inserts. Can anyone shed some light as to which color inserts are factory correct?
Back to top Go down
Raytags
Admin/Founder
Raytags

Number of posts : 291
Your location : Boucherville, Québec, Canada.
Registration date : 2004-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach????   Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? EmptyWed 28 May - 16:41

Hi!

Visit the members album see page 4-5 you find a pics of original factory carpet green for a 1970 Mach1

See: http://groups.msn.com/1970MustangMach1/miscellaneouspicsdivers.msnw?Page=4.

Ray
Back to top Go down
http://www.homestead.com/1970mach1/home.html
MikieMach
Mach1 Member
MikieMach

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach   Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? EmptySat 14 Jun - 0:44

Thanks Ray!
I looked at the pics in you linked, the carpet looks black, is this the correct part number for the green carpet??

Sorry it took me so long to reply, this carpet thing has me crazed. I have been talking with Jim at Auto Carpet Originals. He insists that the original carpet color for the 1970 Mach1 with green interior is the 609. It just looks way to bright, He thinks it has faded over the years, hence why it has more of an olive green look. Here's a pic I found online of a Dark Ivy Green car like mine that had the interior restored/carpet replaced, take a look at the new carpet vs the door panels. Thats the same color carpet I received! I believe the carpet on the door panels is the correct color. Could the carpet fade that significantly? Even under the console and other areas that were not exposed? The 609 just doesn't seem correct. What can I do??

Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? Th_IvyGreenMach
Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? Th_carpetcolors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach????   Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Correct Color-Keyed Carpet Inserts for an Ivy Green Mach????
Page 1 of 1