1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Key code

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mach1_jb

Number of posts : 6
Your location : California
Registration date : 2004-11-21

Key code Empty
PostSubject: Key code   Key code EmptySun 21 Nov - 22:52

The keys to my Mach 1 have been misplaced durring resotration. I had the car torn apart for almost a year now and I can't find the key's. The car is going to be done in a couple of weeks too, so I was wondering who could I contact to help me out.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

Key code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key code   Key code EmptySun 21 Nov - 23:34

Well, for $20-30 you can buy a new ignition set and matching door locks from most Mustang vendors. That might be your best bet at this point.

Edit:
Oops...I forgot you've got to have the key to put in to change out the ignition lock on the column.....guess you better keep looking for the original key. Some years back you could give the dealership the VIN and they'd make you a new key. However going back 35 years would probably be kinda difficult.
Back to top Go down
mach1_jb

Number of posts : 6
Your location : California
Registration date : 2004-11-21

Key code Empty
PostSubject: Problem Fixed   Key code EmptyMon 29 Nov - 22:21

I used an adjustable wrench and slide hammer to pull out the old key assymbly. compress Now i can drive it to school tomarrow!!! compress
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

Key code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem Fixed   Key code EmptyWed 1 Dec - 11:28

mach1_jb wrote:
I used an adjustable wrench and slide hammer to pull out the old key assymbly. compress Now i can drive it to school tomarrow!!! compress

Just like in the movie, "Gone in 60 seconds" Shocked . Now for the $64,000 dollar question:
Is it your car or did you steal it?" Laughing .

Just kidding....Glad you got it going again Wink
Back to top Go down
70Mch1

Number of posts : 2
Your location : Ottawa, Ontario
Registration date : 2006-05-16

Key code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key code   Key code EmptyTue 16 May - 14:13

I once lost the key for my trunk and got a flat tire. When I called the lock smith to open it, he took out a box of Ford keys and tried everyone till it worked. He told me that there is only about 100 diffrerent key combinations. He ended up fiding the right key and cut me one on the spot. I'm sure that would work for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Key code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Key code   Key code Empty

Back to top Go down

Key code
Page 1 of 1