1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carb spacer -Shaker height

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dearborn
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Carb spacer -Shaker height Empty
PostSubject: Carb spacer -Shaker height   Carb spacer -Shaker height EmptySat 7 Mar - 8:19

Idea Good Day. Have installed shaker on 351 cleavland and found it to be low through the hood once the hood is closed. Have original intake with a holley carb. Does it need a spacer between the carb and intake to raise the shaker to the rite height, will it affect the way the engine runs? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Carb spacer -Shaker height   Carb spacer -Shaker height EmptySat 7 Mar - 10:50

To take advantage of the air flowing across the hood into the shaker the shaker needs to be raised. I have a one-inch spacer which really sets it up above the boundry layer of air along the hoodline to get it into the slipstream and more air flow into the scoop. You may have to try several different heights to see what you need. Mine may be too tall for most folks as it's against the seal but i haven't had any problems in the three years since I installed it.
Carb spacer -Shaker height 461270892kgxElo_th
Back to top Go down
1970twisterspecial
Mach1 Veteran
1970twisterspecial

Number of posts : 105
Your location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Carb spacer -Shaker height   Carb spacer -Shaker height EmptySun 8 Mar - 1:45

Mine is a tight fit, but it looks impressive
351C-4V with Edelbrock performer intake+holley carb [no spacer] looks like this:

Carb spacer -Shaker height IMG_7158

Carb spacer -Shaker height IMG_7137
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-twister.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carb spacer -Shaker height   Carb spacer -Shaker height Empty

Back to top Go down

Carb spacer -Shaker height
Page 1 of 1