1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sah62
Mach1 Member
sah62

Number of posts : 15
Your location : Virginia, USA
Registration date : 2004-09-22

1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration Empty
PostSubject: 1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration   1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration EmptyWed 22 Sep - 12:42

How have you other 1970 Mach 1 owners dealt with restoring the gold cadmium (or zinc dichromate) plating on the metal sport lamp housings? Most of the used lamps I've seen, including the ones I have, are rusty and slightly pitted. There are other sources for the housings, such as Cougars and Mavericks, but the wiring is different and I can't see a way to remove and replace the wiring without damaging the housing in the process. I'd consider buying a nice used set and replating them if there's a way to deal with the wiring.

I've tried playing with Eastwood's gold cad paint system. It just doesn't look right to me when viewed up close.

I've also tried my usual parts contacts to see if anyone has a pair of new lamps. No luck so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.428cobrajet.org/
Raytags
Admin/Founder
Raytags

Number of posts : 291
Your location : Boucherville, Québec, Canada.
Registration date : 2004-09-20

PostSubject: Sportlamps   1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration EmptyWed 22 Sep - 16:28

Hello! Scott

For my 1970 Mach1, my Sport lamp is in good condition. I have just cleaned and repainted with a mixture of paint to reproduce the correct plating. I have never used the Eastwood's gold cad paint system.

Good luck! Smile

Raynald Bélanger WEBMASTER
Back to top Go down
http://www.homestead.com/1970mach1/home.html
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration   1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration EmptyMon 4 Oct - 10:29

Does anybody know where you can locate the metal "crosshair" piece that goes on the sport lamps? Other than possibly a wrecking/salvage yard I haven't seen a vendor that sells them. A prior owner had trimed mine off. It still has the metal outline around the lense but the middle crosshairs are gone. They did a nice clean job and probably allows slightly better lighting from the sport lamps but I'd like to replace them if possible.

Thanks, salut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration   1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration EmptyFri 24 Dec - 13:44

Does anybody know where you can locate the metal "crosshair" piece that goes on the sport lamps? Other than possibly a wrecking/salvage yard I haven't seen a vendor that sells them. A prior owner had trimed mine off. It still has the metal outline around the lense but the middle crosshairs are gone. They did a nice clean job and probably allows slightly better lighting from the sport lamps but I'd like to replace them if possible.

Bill,

I take it you are referring to the metal chrome and black painted bezel that's held on with 2 screws that sandwiches the plastic sportlamp bezel to the cad sportlamp housing and is in turn surrounded by the plastic grill bezel?

I have an extra one for one side NOS out in the garage.n Dunno which side it is. Will have to check.

regards,

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration   1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration Empty

Back to top Go down

1970 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Restoration
Page 1 of 1