1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

lack of power on Dyno

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

Number of posts : 158
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-28

lack of power on Dyno Empty
PostSubject: lack of power on Dyno   lack of power on Dyno EmptySun 7 Mar - 7:04

Hi ,

I ran the car on a brief dyno run in the weekend and the results seemed a little disappointing. The car is a 351C-4V, rebuilt basically stock with 30 thou oversize and a mild summit 5201 cam. Has 750 holley DP and is a C6 auto now. (was manual). Stock exhaust and inlet manifolds. Exhaust is pretty crappy but I have not changed it as I am going to return to a manual at some stage. Mallory unilte with electronic ponts but no vac advance. Not sure of timing and fuel mix seems ok on dyno.
The guy said he was not surprised old car etc, but the rebuild seems to have been done reasonably well.

any thoughts?

sean
lack of power on Dyno Dyno_r11
Back to top Go down
booah
Mach1 Member

Number of posts : 10
Your location : W.A. Australia
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: lack of power on Dyno   lack of power on Dyno EmptyTue 9 Mar - 8:05

Hi Sean

Am I reading the rpm correct, nothing over 3000rpm?

regards

Denton
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

Number of posts : 158
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: lack of power on Dyno   lack of power on Dyno EmptyTue 9 Mar - 13:28

Hi Denton,

I think they are just incorrect, it seems to have been mapped against KPH. When I run a calculator on the speed, diff ratio and tyre size in top gear then I get 3900 at 150KPH and 2800 at 116KPH which are the peak torque and HP measurements.
So I ignored the rev numbers but was concerned about the HP numbers- assuming they are correct. Wondering if slightly retarded timnig would have a big impact?

Cheers

Sean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lack of power on Dyno   lack of power on Dyno Empty

Back to top Go down

lack of power on Dyno
Page 1 of 1