1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? Empty
PostSubject: Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?   Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? EmptySun 11 Jul - 10:32

I used a couple of spray cans of argent grey from Scott Drake to paint my rocker panels & grill but it seems really light to me. It was recomended to me from the mustang supply store & it says "argent for '70 rocker panels" right on the can too, but like I said, I was expecting it to be darker. Just wondering if anyone else has used Scott Drake argent.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mach1Guy
Mach1 Veteran
Mach1Guy

Number of posts : 153
Your location : Kingston, Ontario
Registration date : 2005-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?   Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? EmptyThu 22 Jul - 15:53

I have also looked into purchasing this paint. Please let us know how your results were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.machwon.com
Rich

PostSubject: Re: Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?   Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? EmptyThu 22 Jul - 21:10

Well I gave it a whirl & I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. That being said, I've never actually seen the origional color, none the less... I like the color. Looks like argent that I've seen in pictures anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mach1Guy
Mach1 Veteran
Mach1Guy

Number of posts : 153
Your location : Kingston, Ontario
Registration date : 2005-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?   Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? EmptyThu 22 Jul - 21:55

Thats kewl.....good to know. Do you have any pictures of the end results?
I have read alot of people say that the colour is sopost to match the back of the rocker panels. Seeing how the back never sees the sun they won't be faded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.machwon.com
Rich

PostSubject: Re: Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?   Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? EmptyFri 23 Jul - 21:22

I'll try to get some pics posted... sometime. I've been wanting to take some pics of the resto anyway, just not enough hours in the day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?   Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scott Drake paint correct for rocker panels?
Page 1 of 1