1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Roberts

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes? Empty
PostSubject: Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes?   Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes? EmptyWed 18 Apr - 1:34

Our family has owned our 1970 Mach 1 since it was new. When we restored our Mustang we didn't re-install the dual side pinstriping since we had never seen a 1970 Mach 1 with similar pinstriping. We assumed (erroneously) that it was a dealer-added touch and therefore we decided not to add this feature even though it helped to break up the Grabber Green color. Last week we finally got around to obtaining a Marti report on our car and to our surprise the pinstriping was a factory option on this car.

I looked at the Members Album and was able to find 2 examples of Mach 1's with pinstriping. I noticed one of the examples had the pinstriping end at the fender extensions and the other wrapped around to the front of the car. Looking at old pictures of our San Jose-built car, it is clear that it had the pinstriping wrap around to the front of the car.

How and where can I find out more information about the pinstriping? Was it originally paint or vinyl? If they were vinyl, does anyone know if they are still available and where? If they were paint, what type of paint--black gloss or semi-gloss? Can anyone tell me the dimensions of these stripes--the width of each and the distance between the two stripes? Do the stripes begin under the chrome piece in the front? How far back do the stripes extend behind the doors?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to avoid pinstriping my car and then finding out that we did it all wrong.

Thanks for any help!

Jim Roberts
Back to top Go down
70mach1

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes?   Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes? EmptyWed 22 Aug - 15:08

Here is a picture of an original paint '70 Mach 1 that I used to own. It had the accent stripe option. They are painted on. I will try to post some close ups of the areas you are concerned about this evening.

Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes? Mach1_225
Back to top Go down

Any and all information regarding dual accent paint stripes?
Page 1 of 1