1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wiring under front seats???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
muzzymcs

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Wiring under front seats??? Empty
PostSubject: Wiring under front seats???   Wiring under front seats??? EmptyMon 10 Mar - 1:09

We have a M code and on the weekend we took the front seats out and we found wiring in both the drivers and front passengers seats and wiring on the floor. They were disconnected. Can anyone tell me what the wires are for please? I have been told that the wiring maybe standard but might not be functional, they could be used for an option that may have not been standard with the car.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
1970twisterspecial
Mach1 Veteran
1970twisterspecial

Number of posts : 105
Your location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Wiring under front seats???   Wiring under front seats??? EmptyTue 11 Mar - 13:10

There shouldn't be any wires on the floor, under the seats.
The only wires run under the left door-sillplate.
The run to the
- interior quarter trim lights [the one on the right side might run under the right sillplate]
- rear lights assembly,
- rear markerlights
- trunk light [optional]

The wires might be speaker kabels
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-twister.nl
jeremy0711
Mach1 Addiction
jeremy0711

Number of posts : 38
Your location : Evansville, IN.
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Wiring under front seats???   Wiring under front seats??? EmptyThu 13 Mar - 18:43

my car came with deluxe seatbelts with a warning light and (i think) there is a buzzer that goes with the setup too. the wiring could be for that. i have been told that the sensors mount under the seats somewhere and use a pressure sensor that you compress when you sit in the car. my car was gutted of all this stuff so i do not know what it looks like. it could be similiar to the 71 and up setup. the wiring (in my understanding) comes from the driver's side dash with a light mounting through the lower dash that says "seatbelt" and goes under the carpet (as i have been told) to the seats. i have seen some ltd's that have the wiring going to the seatbelt latch-side which is your left side as you sit. none of that wiring would match up to anything in my car so i didn't keep it. it is just a warning system to put on your seatbelt. if you choose not to use it then let me know. jeremy0711@att.net jeremy
Back to top Go down
muzzymcs

PostSubject: wiring under the seat   Wiring under front seats??? EmptyThu 20 Mar - 22:52

thanks for your feed back. There was not light on the dash for the delux seat belts, ours did not come out with that option.
Back to top Go down
muzzymcs

PostSubject: Wiring under front seats???   Wiring under front seats??? EmptyFri 2 May - 9:34

Hi again,
I have found some information on the wiring that we found under the front seats of our mach 1. We just brought a book through Ebay (1970 Mustang Illustrated facts and Specifications Maunal) that has alot of great and interesting information in it. Our car came out with the convenience group and in the book there is a list of what it entails and in this group there is an automatic seat back latch. The solonoid has gone in ours so that is why the wiring under the seat had been disconnected. We have ordered another one (second hand and working?? as we have been told they are not making new ones yet??) so we are waiting for that to arrive.

So I have found an answer to my question thanks.
Back to top Go down
Machoneking
Machoneking

Number of posts : 9
Your location : Las Vegas, Nevada
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Mine also   Wiring under front seats??? EmptyFri 30 May - 23:24

I have wires under my seat also. It could also for the seat back interlock. My 70 has that feature and that wiring is there to keep the seat back from falling forward without the door being open.
Bill, Las Vegas Nevada king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring under front seats???   Wiring under front seats??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wiring under front seats???
Page 1 of 1