1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeremy0711
Mach1 Addiction
jeremy0711

Number of posts : 38
Your location : Evansville, IN.
Registration date : 2007-01-31

shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole Empty
PostSubject: shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole   shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole EmptyThu 5 Jun - 9:48

I have picked up the templates on the shaker hood cutout but the copy is crap and ford licensed also. in other words, it isn't up to scale and nothing lines up.

I need to know how far the hole starts from the back of the hood. If anyone has a link that I can go to to find this out would be great. Or if someone can measure out the distance on their own car.

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
dearborn
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-08-14

shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole Empty
PostSubject: Re: shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole   shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole EmptyTue 10 Jun - 9:03

Good Day. Recently cut out my hood and it worked just fine. The measurement I have is 7 1/8 inches from rear edge of the hood to the edge of the opening on the center line of the hood. The second set of shaker holes from the rear of the opening are 15 7/8 inches from the side of the hood to the center of the holes. The two front shaker holes from the center line of the of the hood are 2 3/8 inches from center.
Also try Mustang Monthly in their How to atricles. They have a good reference (Shaker Hood Conversion.)

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

shaker hood cutout issues on location of hole
Page 1 of 1