1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drivers door lock issue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mach1Guy
Mach1 Veteran
Mach1Guy

Number of posts : 153
Your location : Kingston, Ontario
Registration date : 2005-08-22

Drivers door lock issue Empty
PostSubject: Drivers door lock issue   Drivers door lock issue EmptyMon 23 Jun - 15:55

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or I am just lucky but when I first bought my Mach (10yrs ago) When I got it home I locked the doors. The next morning I went to un-lock them and the drivers door refused to un-lock. I ended up having to remove the inside door panel to un-lock the door and that was no fun at all. Once I got it un-locked I made it so it couldn't be locked again which wasn't a problem because its always in sight or in a locked garage.

Anyways probably 4-5 years ago I decided that I would order a new latch Assembly to fix the problem and after changing the latch everything was o.k once again.

Well last night once again my door wouldn't un-lock again Mad So I get to remove the door panel again grrrrrrr.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so is it a case of lack of use, crap parts, or do people just not lock their Mach's Smile I have never had a problem with the Passenger side which doesn't make a lot of sence cause one would think the drivers would be used more then the passenger side.

Another question might be when you do lock your Mach do you lock it with the key or do you push the lock knob, hold the door button and shut the door.

Thanks for your time

Matt K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.machwon.com
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

Drivers door lock issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drivers door lock issue   Drivers door lock issue EmptyMon 23 Jun - 20:40

I've worn out several set of hinges on the drivers side but never had a problem with the locks.

I always push the door lock down and hold the button with my thumb as I close the door.
Back to top Go down

Drivers door lock issue
Page 1 of 1