1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

70 DASH CLUSTER

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brick70
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

70 DASH CLUSTER Empty
PostSubject: 70 DASH CLUSTER   70 DASH CLUSTER EmptyThu 7 Aug - 12:01

Hello, Kind of strange question. My car had a 69 tach cluster in it and I recently purchased a 70 cluster (non-tach) I swapped the 69 tach cluster into the 70 so I would have the correct look for my car. The problem is that the 70 doesn't have 2 bolts holes at the bottom like the 69. So can anyone tell me how the 70 cluster bolts to the dash. I know it has three screws across the top, it's the bottom I am interested about. Otherwise everything on a 69 cluster is the same as the 70.
thanks john
Back to top Go down
jeremy0711
Mach1 Addiction
jeremy0711

Number of posts : 38
Your location : Evansville, IN.
Registration date : 2007-01-31

70 DASH CLUSTER Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70 DASH CLUSTER   70 DASH CLUSTER EmptyTue 12 Aug - 10:10

my 70 gauge cluster mounts to the back side of the cowl/firewall by two at the top and one on each far side outside the round perimeter to the steel dash. all that is concealed by the pad when mounted. other than that you have the three screws at the top of the front of the cluster to the pad.

the passenger side is just three at the bottom on the underside/front and three to the pad at the top of the cluster.

since you are changing from 69 to 70 there is a difference in the alt/brake/oil lens on the tach. if you are into it that much then you might want to check into it. 69 says brake system and 70 just says brake. nothing big but it is the details you are changing. if you are uncertain then go to www.tachman.com and look at his 69 shelby setup. i am taking it that you have a deluxe tach. i just got my set in the dash myself.

a new set of lens is a world of difference. amazing at how much clearer everything is.

jeremy
Back to top Go down
brick70
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

70 DASH CLUSTER Empty
PostSubject: GAUGE CLUSTER   70 DASH CLUSTER EmptyWed 13 Aug - 8:34

Jeremy, Thanks for the info. I understand the three at the top go thru the dash pad. The two that I am unsure about are the 2 metal tabs on the back side of the cluster. On a 69 there are 2 screw holes on either side of the steering column area that screw thru the plastic into the metal tabs. On a 70 there are no holes in the front of the cluster, so I guess you place screws thru the metal tabs on the back into the plastic posts. This is where my problem is since I swapped the gauges from a 69 into a 70 the metal tabs on the back don't align with the screw holes. Guess I can just drill new holes thru the metal tabs to make them align.
Back to top Go down
MikieMach
Mach1 Member
MikieMach

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-27

70 DASH CLUSTER Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70 DASH CLUSTER   70 DASH CLUSTER EmptyWed 29 Oct - 1:02

Maybe the entire/lower dash is from a 69? Just a thought.

I just did this on my 70. The 70 bezel/cluster bolts to the lower dash (metal) with a total 4 screws two up top, and one on either side. Then when the dash pad is put back there are three screws that screw up into the pad.

If I remember correctly...

Michael
Back to top Go down
jeremy0711
Mach1 Addiction
jeremy0711

Number of posts : 38
Your location : Evansville, IN.
Registration date : 2007-01-31

70 DASH CLUSTER Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70 DASH CLUSTER   70 DASH CLUSTER EmptySat 1 Nov - 10:27

I would think the lower dash is the same for 69 and 70. I am not for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

70 DASH CLUSTER Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70 DASH CLUSTER   70 DASH CLUSTER Empty

Back to top Go down

70 DASH CLUSTER
Page 1 of 1