1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
craig429

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip Empty
PostSubject: Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip   Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip EmptyWed 25 Mar - 15:13

Is anyone reproducing the strip that is riveted to the rocker panel so the rocker molding slips over? I haven't been able to find any used or new ones.
Back to top Go down
Mike Riley
Mach1 Enthusiast
Mike Riley

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip   Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip EmptyThu 26 Mar - 11:37

As of late last year nobody was reproing them. I looked around for everything "rocker panel" because I needed some of the green clips that secure the the pieces to the door. Found some of those - also not reproed and not cheap. I bought the entire inventory I found so I'd have extra. Watch e-bay or call speciality wrecking yards is probably your best bet. expect to pay a pretty penny.

You might call Dynacorn - they do much of the pot-metal, stainless & chrome repro parts that are on the market. You can ask if they are planning to repro them. That is how I found out they were going to repro the fold-down chrome for 69-70. Another good source of speciality repro is a guy on e-bay. His user name is Fishfarts - no really it is. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
dearborn
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: mldg strips   Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip EmptyMon 30 Mar - 8:53

cheers Good Day. Noticed on E-Bay a set of mildgs. Try item number 190296726880. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Mustangs Alley
Mach1 Enthusiast
Mustangs Alley

Number of posts : 30
Your location : Garnet Valley, PA
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip   Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip EmptyTue 31 Mar - 10:42

Good info Ray.

If you want to get some shell shock, try listing 370181013720. Note that this doesn't even come with the mounting plates that Ray noted.

PS: I think we are in the wrong business. "Funny" how the trim pieces they have listed are about 1/3 the cost of the entire car when it was new in 1970. Oh, how times have changed !!

Enjoy! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip   Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocker Molding riveted mounting strip
Page 1 of 1