1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

Number of posts : 158
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers Empty
PostSubject: Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers   Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers EmptySun 5 Apr - 7:11

HI Guys,

anyone else running Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers and if so how do you find them. Interested in views on the internal noise vs performance view?

Sean
Back to top Go down
Mike Riley
Mach1 Enthusiast
Mike Riley

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers   Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers EmptySun 5 Apr - 16:58

Sound great, probably an extra horse or two. Might want to make sure you have sound deadening under the back seat, if you want to enjoy your sound system. I had a Boss 2 about 30 years ago (when I was in college and sold for tuition money - Bad move I know). But, even at 50 I still remember the sound it made with Corvair turbo mufflers (hot set-up in the late 70’s) - the Flowmaster 40's sound "meaner" and are just slightly louder. The 40’s really enhance the sound of the headers. cool-blue

I am running 2 1/2 pipe back to the stock exhaust tips that have been sized to mate 2 1/4 tips to the 2 1/2 pipe. Bigger exhaust works/sounds a little better (especially with tuned headers) - any muffler shop should be able to cleanly mate the tips. cheers
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

PostSubject: Re: Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers   Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers EmptySun 5 Apr - 18:27

Thanks Mike,

No headers at present otherwise sounds similar with 2 1/2 pipe mated to the std front. You hit the nail on th ehead regards loud Smile Just started sound proffing from the rear but I think your tip about under the seat is probably a good one. I will look at that next.

Cheers

sean
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

PostSubject: Re: Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers   Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers EmptyWed 13 May - 23:16

so I have ordered a couple of series 50 as I could not stand the drone of the 40 series even after quite a bit of sound proofing Bad)
I will let you know once I get them and have a chance to compare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers   Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers Empty

Back to top Go down

Flowmaster Exhaust/mufflers
Page 1 of 1