1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

maximum front tire size

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

Number of posts : 158
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-28

maximum front tire size Empty
PostSubject: maximum front tire size   maximum front tire size EmptySat 18 Apr - 22:04

Hi ,

I have 235/60R15 on front and often the front LHS catches the guard. What is the max size others are running? Can I run 225 or need to go to 215?

Cheers

Sean
Back to top Go down
Mustangs Alley
Mach1 Enthusiast
Mustangs Alley

Number of posts : 30
Your location : Garnet Valley, PA
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Tire Size   maximum front tire size EmptySun 19 Apr - 10:27

Hi Sean,

Believe it not, they are the exact same tires that were on the fronts of my car when I purchased it. Coincidentally, the first thing I noticed was that the tires were rubbing on the inside as well.

They were swapped out with 215/65R15's, which work fine.

I am running P255/60R15's in the rear.

Take care.
Kirk Smile
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

PostSubject: Re: maximum front tire size   maximum front tire size EmptySun 19 Apr - 17:52

Thanks Kirk
I thought that was what you had mentioned before. I seem to be having a slight rubbing on the outside when going over a bump or dip. The tire catches on th eoutside, have not noticed the inside. Suspension seems tight enough. Sounding like 2`5 or 225 is better.

Sean
Back to top Go down
booah
Mach1 Member

Number of posts : 10
Your location : W.A. Australia
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: maximum front tire size   maximum front tire size EmptyMon 27 Apr - 4:33

Hi Sean

I've got Yokohama 245 / 60 / r14 s on all four corners. the lips are rolled and there are no interference problems. The rims are Draglites, no sure of the backspacing.

regards

Denton
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

PostSubject: Re: maximum front tire size   maximum front tire size EmptyMon 27 Apr - 17:54

Thanks Denton,

I think I need to look into getting the guards rolled either a little or flat. Anyone had an experience at either getting it done with doll a nd hammer or one of those rolling tools? Wondering if any preference given the thickness of the steel guard?

Sean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maximum front tire size   maximum front tire size Empty

Back to top Go down

maximum front tire size
Page 1 of 1