1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toploader questions?????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gillett1970
Mach1 Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Toploader questions????? Empty
PostSubject: Toploader questions?????   Toploader questions????? EmptyThu 30 Jul - 21:53

I am trying to find a toploader 4 speed for my 1970. Will a toploader from a 64-68, or a 71-73 work with a 1970? Is there different linkage and tailshfts? Do I have to find one for a 69-70? scratch Also what ford part # do I need to look for on a toploader> thanks Kyle
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

Number of posts : 158
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Toploader questions?????   Toploader questions????? EmptyThu 30 Jul - 22:59

Try to look on the website http://www.davidkeetoploaders.com/

He is the oracle, part numbers etc are there. the 70 Mustangs used hurst shifters as a standard whereas they were an aftermarket option before. the 70 hirst shifter is a little different to the earlier optional ones so it depends on whether you want concourse or not.

sean
Back to top Go down
brick70
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Toploader questions?????   Toploader questions????? EmptyMon 3 Aug - 8:08

Hello, I saw a toploader 4 speed on EBAY yesterday. Can't access Ebay at work, but will find listing # and post it tommorrow. Look under the title 70 Mustang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toploader questions?????   Toploader questions????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Toploader questions?????
Page 1 of 1