1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is the value of my Mach 1?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jhmcnees
jhmcnees

Number of posts : 3
Your location : MISSOULA MT
Registration date : 2011-06-09

What is the value of my Mach 1? Empty
PostSubject: What is the value of my Mach 1?   What is the value of my Mach 1? EmptySat 11 Jun - 2:51

Anyone have an idea of what the value of my Mach 1 would be? I'm selling it and would like to know what the value of it might be and what is the least amount of money I should accept for it. Is an H code 351C-2V FMX auto but has original 1970 4V heads and mainfold off another 1970 Mach 1. Interior fair, drivers side seat need recovered, cracks on dash. Body rough but is straight and in good shape. Is primered. I believe it is a #5 on value code. Has front and rear spoilers, fake hood scoop, runs and drives. Has p/s, p/b, front discs, 8 track, fold down rear seat, no shaker, rim blow horn, no ac, no magum 500 wheels, VIN ORO5H149087, few small rust holes on driver rear wheel well. Floor pans ok, all original sheet metal and glass. Also comes with a 70 coupe parts car that was hit in passenger door, has no motor or trans. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
RavenBlack351C

Number of posts : 3
Your location : Pennsylvania, PA
Registration date : 2010-12-04

PostSubject: OPINION of value   What is the value of my Mach 1? EmptyThu 1 Sep - 14:55

Hello there, Since you have a running Mach, if it were mine I would start a bit high and ask $7,500 for it and hold out for a bit. After a bit if no takers, lower the price. If you can stand to keep the car protected and sit on it, I would probably call rock-bottom pricing to be $5,000.00. To be able to drive a '70 Mach project car onto a trailor and take it home, no less than $5K should change hands in my opinion. Although, all of this $ talk is totally subject to location. If you are hard to get to and there is no $ in your area, you may have to take less. Trailer it to a Mustang swap meet or national show and take your best offer! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What is the value of my Mach 1?   What is the value of my Mach 1? EmptySat 3 Sep - 14:39

RavenBlack351C wrote:
Hello there, Since you have a running Mach, if it were mine I would start a bit high and ask $7,500 for it and hold out for a bit. After a bit if no takers, lower the price. If you can stand to keep the car protected and sit on it, I would probably call rock-bottom pricing to be $5,000.00. To be able to drive a '70 Mach project car onto a trailor and take it home, no less than $5K should change hands in my opinion. Although, all of this $ talk is totally subject to location. If you are hard to get to and there is no $ in your area, you may have to take less. Trailer it to a Mustang swap meet or national show and take your best offer! Good luck.

Times two, exactly the prices I was going to guess, I'd hope for $7500 and settle for $5000.

It's not particularly rare as a 351W-2V car with auto. It would be a nice car for a guy with mechanical skill wanting to do it himself or for retro-modding. For the novice who's going to pay for the labor on top of parts, the cost to restore would probably exceed the value when completed.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the value of my Mach 1?   What is the value of my Mach 1? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the value of my Mach 1?
Page 1 of 1