1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rim blow install help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blazeone

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Rim blow install help Empty
PostSubject: Rim blow install help   Rim blow install help EmptySat 3 Sep - 20:30

Well, I didn't install it. Had a shop do as they were doing some other work for me. Anyway car came with a Grant wood rim wheel. I bought a restored '70 rim blow. With the rim blow on there is a gap and the horn contact area does not connect so no beep beep .

I thought I saw something about this a while ago but have searched hi and low to no avail. Any ideas?" I have a puller and the time now. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dearborn
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Rim blow install help   Rim blow install help EmptyThu 15 Sep - 19:44

Very Happy I hope this is of some help. There is a contact ring that has to go under the whell itself. Make sure it is there. Sorry no pics as of yet. Dearborn
Back to top Go down
badstang
Mach1 Member
badstang

Number of posts : 15
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Rim blow install help   Rim blow install help EmptyWed 25 Jan - 16:58

It depends on how good the resto was.
I've done a couple of wheels and learnt from my mistakes.
These wheels crack & shrink everywhere, even under the rimblow contact strip where you can't see.
This area has to be built up, it's hard to do, but the horn won't work unless it's done right.
You should test your horn with a test light to see if it's making correct contact, it could be the horns at fault.
They need a relay if you want them to work at their best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rim blow install help   Rim blow install help Empty

Back to top Go down

Rim blow install help
Page 1 of 1