1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New member in NC. Question for Ray

Go down 
AuthorMessage
19Pony70M1

Number of posts : 1
Your location : Clayton, NC
Registration date : 2014-09-19

New member in NC. Question for Ray Empty
PostSubject: New member in NC. Question for Ray   New member in NC. Question for Ray EmptyFri 19 Sep - 21:33

Hello all. I've had my M1 for 3 years or so. 4V, 4 speed with air. A nice driver but still needs a little work. Currently getting new doors and a complete repaint. No data tag but window sticker and Marti say Special Order Paint.
Color is now what I believe to be code 6, Med Bright Blue. My plan was a simple repaint in the same color, but the paint started flaking when sanding. Ended up stripping to bare metal. Supposedly, it got a rotisserie (?sp) in the 80s. We found traces of the original color under the old paint, especially under the black hood scoop. That itself makes me question if it had the black stripe or if it was added with the repaint. The color looks to be code G, Med Lime Green. Now I'm having second thoughts about repainting current Med Bright Blue, and going back original if I can be certain of the color. But Code G looks to have been a standard color offered, so it wouldn't be considered Special Order Paint, would it? I had the scoop scanned and it matches to a GM color, Citrus Green, and the mixture for that is somewhat different than the mixture for Code G. My scoop doesn't look like pictures I have seen of the Citrus Green Camaros online. It does look like some pictures I have seen of code G online. Some pictures closer than others but I'm sure the appearance varies online.
Sorry if this is not the place, but I noticed Raytags color looks to be the same code G. My question for Ray is, was yours by chance a special order? Could code G have been considered Special Order?
Thanks, Keith
Back to top Go down

New member in NC. Question for Ray
Page 1 of 1