1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Replacement Gas Tank for California Car

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Museum Mach 1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Replacement Gas Tank for California Car Empty
PostSubject: Replacement Gas Tank for California Car   Replacement Gas Tank for California Car EmptyThu 20 Sep - 19:10

I need a new gas tank for my car (1970) but I have been told that the tanks on California cars are different. Does anyone know if this is true?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Gas Tank for California Car   Replacement Gas Tank for California Car EmptyFri 21 Sep - 18:06

Yes - the California tanks have a privision on the upper left top corner (when looking down on it with the trunk open) for the Evaporative Emission pieces to connect to it.

I have a used California 70 mach 1 tank in my attic.

They were 20 gallons capacity whereas non California Mustangs had the 22 gallon tank.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Raytags
Admin/Founder
Raytags

Number of posts : 291
Your location : Boucherville, Québec, Canada.
Registration date : 2004-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Gas Tank for California Car   Replacement Gas Tank for California Car EmptySun 23 Sep - 22:06

Hi!

This California tanks is not available in repro a this moment, is available and used only.

Ray WEBMASTER
Back to top Go down
http://www.homestead.com/1970mach1/home.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Gas Tank for California Car   Replacement Gas Tank for California Car Empty

Back to top Go down

Replacement Gas Tank for California Car
Page 1 of 1