1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> Empty
PostSubject: Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> EmptySat 20 Nov - 21:40

I was pleasantly surprised by my 1970 Mach 1. The 351C-4V was factory rated at 300 “gross” hp new from the factory in 1970 and converting to the net system they use now days would be around 240 “net” hp but when you compute the rear wheel horsepower it should have been around 205 to 210 rwhp. It did 248 to the rear wheels with 309 torque.

My only mods are headers with Flowmasters, a 600 cfm Holley and a single plane "X-Celerator " maniflold by Weiand. The manifold is designed for much higher rpms than I currently attain. The stock cam is through by 5400 rpms and the single plane intake is designed for 7000 + rpms. I like to swap it out for a dual plane Edelbrock Performer Manifold which would work better with a mostly stock engine.

Anyway, I was happy. One guy had a '73 Mach 1 which had a "cam" and other work done but only did 200 rwhp behind a automatic transmission. The motor only had about 500 miles on the rebuild while mine has about 5000 miles.

Last edited by on Wed 1 Dec - 13:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raytags
Admin/Founder
Raytags

Number of posts : 291
Your location : Boucherville, Québec, Canada.
Registration date : 2004-09-20

PostSubject: My engine on dyno   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> EmptySat 20 Nov - 23:05

Hello! Bill

My engine with stock carb autolite 4300 on dyno = 260hp

with 428 carb Holley Ford 735 CFM = 351.7 hp

my cam is: competition cam dual energy #32-208-3.

The car run great.. Ray Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.homestead.com/1970mach1/home.html
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> EmptyWed 1 Dec - 13:35

Anybody else out there dyno'ed their Mach 1's? I's like to hear your numbers and mods if you have made any.

My '03 Mach 1 with 5-speed also did 280 rwhp/302 tq with only a K&N CAI. Let's hear some numbers thumright
Back to top Go down
Joan Stelmach
Joan Stelmach

Number of posts : 7
Your location : Gettysburg PA
Registration date : 2005-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> EmptyThu 7 Jul - 18:51

Bill,
this thread has been dry since December. So I felt compelled to respond in some fashion... Just not exactly what you are looking for.... Razz
If I had a 1970 Mach 1, I would gladly share my dyno numbers..
I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't!!
Back to top Go down
http://femalefordfotofan.com
Mach1steve

Number of posts : 2
Your location : Ancaster, Ontario
Registration date : 2005-07-12

PostSubject: old dyno test but here goes   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> EmptyTue 12 Jul - 18:01

I Dyno'd my 70 Mach1 back 2 years ago.
I had Open Chamber ('1972) heads on it with forged pop-up pistons for 10.4 to 1 compression, not quite as high as a stock 70 Celveland which has 11 to1.
Also had a 750 holley Vac Sec, Edelbrock Performer dual plane intake, small Crane Cam (.510 lift), and headers.
I got 292 rwhp (5,000rpm) & 340ft lbs (3,800rpm) at the rear wheels.

I have since redone the heads with stainless valves, chenged to a Torker Single Plane intake, changed to a 650 Holley double pumper, and changed out the Cam to a Cam Research .540 lift grind, added roller rockers and a windage tray ......
Makes way more power now, but haven't dyno'd it yet.
Doesn't respond in low rpm quite as well as the old engine, but it's a 4 spd Close ratio car, so it's easy to "urge" it into the power band, which is 3,200 to 7,000rpm

If you're wondering why such a high reving set-up, I Road Race this car at an amatuer level at Tracks such as Mosport & Shannonville, TMP, etc

Clevelands Rock!

Mach1steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.muggziperformance.com
gconnsr
gconnsr

Number of posts : 3
Your location : Lake Havasu, AZ
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> EmptyWed 24 Oct - 11:15

Mach1steve, I'd like to see your new dyno numbers. I was going to go with a similar cam to the one you put in, but I wanted to keep my rockers non-adjustable for the moment. I was told by Comp cams not to go over .510 lift with the non-adjustable, so thats what I used. I also thought about going with an aftermarket intake, but after taking a good look at my stock 4V intake and doing some reading, I decided to use the stock one. I would not be surprised if the stock intake has better flow characteristics than an aftermarket dual plane. The only real advantage I could see, is the weight on the dual plane. My cam isn't big enough for a single plane. (P.S.) My car will walk sideways from a 30 role, with an automatic trans and 15 inch tires. It's a 70 351c M-Code Mach 1 that came with a factory close-ratio 4spd, but was converted to an automatic.
Back to top Go down
http://garrysgarage.spaces.live.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>   Dyno'ed the Mach today.....> Empty

Back to top Go down

Dyno'ed the Mach today.....>
Page 1 of 1