1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brick70
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM Empty
PostSubject: CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM   CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM EmptyFri 12 Jun - 12:46

Hello to all, I am finishing up the stripping and painting of the moulding I got and wondered what everyones opinion is on finishing the front fender piece. What part is chrome or did some come completely painted argent.
thanks john
Back to top Go down
1970twisterspecial
Mach1 Veteran
1970twisterspecial

Number of posts : 105
Your location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM   CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM EmptyFri 12 Jun - 14:30

There are 2 different kind of front fender pieces being used through the 1970 model.

Type 1: a 1 piece model. The MACH1 letters are cast as 1 piece with the Rocker panel.
This type should be all Argent

Type 2: a Multiple piece model. The MACH1 letters are 'rivited' on the Rocker panel.
The Rocker panel part should be all Argent
The letters are chrome, with black.
These letters are sold by the aftermarket suppliers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-twister.nl
brick70
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM   CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM EmptyMon 15 Jun - 8:54

Ronald, Thanks that what I thought. Saves me the pain of trying to paint the top of the fins and letters chrome since mine are one piece.
john
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM   CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM Empty

Back to top Go down

CLADDING/ROCKER TRIM
Page 1 of 1