1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tbongi

Number of posts : 5
Your location : San Francisco Bay Area
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage Empty
PostSubject: Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage   Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage EmptyThu 18 Mar - 22:24

Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I purchased my 1970 Mach 1 in June of 1984. I was 16 at the time and it was my first car. I had been pumping gas at two local gas stations since I was 14 to save enough money to buy a car. I always knew I wanted a Mach 1.

I drove the car throughout my high school years but left it at home when I went off to college. My parents were gracious enough to keep the car at their house for a number of years. When I got married, I made it clear to my wife that the car had to come with us to our new home (because my parents were tired of keeping it and I wasn't going to sell it).

It has occupied space in my garage ever since. I've always been too busy with other things to get it running again. But now I have a 16 year old son and a 13 year old son and both are interested in the car. So we recently pulled the cover off and got down to business.

I determined that the 351c 2v engine in the car is the original (I'm as certain as I can be given the casting date of the engine and the build date of the car) so we pulled the engine and have a good friend rebuilding it. We'll drop the engine back in it and then get set for paint. Fortunately, the body is in great shape with only one small ding and no rust.

I know some of you will think this is sacrilegious but I'm looking to add a Shaker hood scoop and maybe even <gasp> change the color. The original color is Medium Gold Metallic which looks pretty good on the car but I've always had a thing for Very Bright Yellow, Grabber Orange or Calypso Coral. My brother says I'm crazy for changing the color but since I don't ever plan on selling it, I'm thinking it should be the color I like most (that was available in 1970).

That's it for now.

Regards, Tom Bongi

Serial no. 0R05H130405
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage   Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage EmptySat 20 Mar - 21:50

Welcome, Tom. Enjoy your car and make it the color you always wanted and add the options you always want too. I love it when I see people who love their cars for the enjoyment and not the investment. Just don't drop a small block Chevy in it or add 24 inch rims. (LOL) Laughing
Back to top Go down
old school
old school

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage   Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage EmptyMon 22 Mar - 18:06

wow, way to go holding onto it ! Had mine since 78'..first car as well!!
Rebuild it the way you want & enjoy that puppy on the road!!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Bill Hamilton
Mach1 Junkie

Number of posts : 91
Your location : Charleston SC
Registration date : 2004-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage   Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage EmptyMon 22 Mar - 20:01

old school wrote:
wow, way to go holding onto it ! Had mine since 78'..first car as well!!
Rebuild it the way you want & enjoy that puppy on the road!!!

Chris

And as you can see as above, Chris is one of my "Hero's".

Chris has a beautiful 1970 Mach 1 with a 428 Cobra Jet. He drives it to Carlisle each year, does cruises, and still occasionally drag races. It's a clean, mean, powerful driving maching. salut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage   Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulling my Mach 1 out of 23 years of storage
Page 1 of 1