1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry Forum

Welcome to the 1970 Mustang Mach1 World Registry this forum is open to all 1970 Mach1 owners & enthusiast around the world.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Engine Tag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dearborn
Mach1 Addiction

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Engine Tag Empty
PostSubject: Engine Tag   Engine Tag EmptyTue 5 May - 10:15

Question May be a dumb question. But where do I start looking for engine Tag on 351 cleavland? Trying to find out if this is original motor. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
seany-boy
Mach1 Veteran
seany-boy

Number of posts : 158
Your location : Australia
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Engine Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Tag   Engine Tag EmptyTue 5 May - 19:12

Hi Dearborn,

I will be very interested to see the replies to this. There are differing views on whether engine numbers were ever stamped on 351C at the factory or not and it may depend on which plant it came from. The general view seems to be the number could be stamped at rear of block on drivers side but almost impossible to see unless engine is out of car. Others claim there is no serial number only a casting number behind starter motor. see:
http://www.karmustang.com/product.php?productid=16146&cat=278&page=1

Cheers

sean
Back to top Go down
Raytags
Admin/Founder
Raytags

Number of posts : 291
Your location : Boucherville, Québec, Canada.
Registration date : 2004-09-20

Engine Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Tag   Engine Tag EmptyTue 5 May - 22:03

Hi!

For the engine code numbers,check on the website: http://1970mach1.homestead.com/enginesspec.html

Ray
Back to top Go down
http://www.homestead.com/1970mach1/home.html
Blues Power

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Engine Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Tag   Engine Tag EmptyMon 15 Mar - 9:56

on all Clevlands that i came across there was a little metal tag under the coil which listed the engine K# and C designation as well as the build date and rotation #'s. most of those got tossed with the first coil replacement though.

im lucky enouh to still have mine. Some later 72's-73 had a sticker on the valve cover.

I found for 70's that the build sheet will list the engine number as well if you can find one and one thats still readable you will see it the K #'s
Back to top Go down
slammed920
Mach1 Member
slammed920

Number of posts : 17
Your location : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Engine Tag Empty
PostSubject: Engine Tag   Engine Tag EmptyThu 6 May - 9:14

Hi Sean. I'm with Blues power on this one. He is spot on. As soon as the coils were replaced, so did the tag. The tag was secured under the coil mount bracket. Im lucky enough to have both the steel tag and my actual build sheet that ran with the car through the assembly plant. Actually have 4 off these sheets. My tag is identified with K609AG. engine is 351C, 4V, M code. Goodluck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Tag   Engine Tag Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine Tag
Page 1 of 1